Proof of Residency
In order to attend Ridgewood High School, families MUST provide ANNUAL documentation showing that they reside within the boundaries of District #234. Documents must show name of parent or guardian and complete service address.
Please submit one (1) document from Category 1 AND three (3) documents from Category 2.
- The District may require additional proof of residency, interviews of the person(s) enrolling the student and the student’s parent(s), and/or home visits to verify a student’s residency within the District.
|Category 1 - One Document Required
||Category 2 - Three Documents Required
- Most recent property tax bill and proof of most recent payment (e.g. cancelled check or Form 1098)
- Mortgage document or statement and proof of last month’s payment (e.g. cancelled check or receipt)
- Signed, current lease with expiration date and proof of last month’s payment (e.g. cancelled check or receipt)
- Letter of residence from landlord in lieu of lease, dated within the previous six (6) months. Click Here for Document
- Gas bill
- Electric bill
- Water/sewer bill
- Cable bill
- Vehicle registration
- Auto insurance policy
- Home/renters insurance policy
- Medicaid card
- Credit card statement
- Paycheck stub
- City sticker receipt
- Driver’s license/State ID
If the family residence is not in the name of the parent or legal guardian, then an Enrollment Application will be required. The Enrollment Application is available in the Student Services Office at Ridgewood High School. Click Here for Application
Interactive Boundary Map
Please be aware that under the law:
"A person who knowingly or willfully presents to any school district, any false information regarding the residency of a pupil for the purpose of enrolling the pupil to attend school in that district without payment of non-resident tuition charge, shall be guilty of a Class C misdemeanor."