Guidelines for Posting/Commenting on District Social Media Accounts
District 234 welcomes comments/posts as a means of engaging in conversation. To keep social media focused on District initiatives, emergency information, and accomplishments, comment/posting guidelines have been created.
- Each account is moderated and all comments/posts are reviewed by the D234 Public Relations Coordinator.
- To ensure conversations remain informative, respectful of diverse viewpoints, and lawful, comments including the following are not permitted:
- OFF-TOPIC - Comments not related to the original subject of page entries will be removed.
- SPAM - Comments focused on selling a product or service will not be posted.
- PERSONAL ATTACKS - If a reader disagrees with a post, the District encourages direct contact with the Public Relations Coordinator. Community members are asked to refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others.
- ILLEGAL - Laws governing the use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc., will be followed.
- LANGUAGE - The District reserves the right to delete posts containing profanity, discriminatory language, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, threats, obscene or sexually explicit content. This includes specific names of teachers, students, and other D234 employees and patrons.
- LINKS - Links to outside websites will not be permitted for any purpose.